Bud Wilkinson shared his thoughts about riding in the rain in his latest post on Republican American.
Maybe it’s time to buy a motorcycle rain gear. While I’ve never limited myself to fair weather riding, the drizzle, the showers and the full-on rain encountered in the past week when riding has me considering the acquisition of apparel designed to prevent wet jeans, a dripping leather jacket and squishy feet upon getting home.
When riding in the rain, it is not fun removing clammy garments then hanging them in assorted places to dry or wringing out socks. The only upside to soggy sojourning is your bike is clean for the next ride. Rain makes me a chicken rider due to the possibility of oil and other vehicular drippings being diffused across the blacktop.
More riders these days actually still get out for a ride no matter the forecast. The esprit de corps among riders seemingly elevates, because riding in the rain says the motorcycle operator is serious about the recreation.
The last time I bought a rain gear, a two-piece PVC rainsuit made by Tour Master, it held up for one use before falling apart. That was more than eight years ago. Maybe enough time has passed from that bad experience to try again.
There are lots of advantage in riding a motorcycle. Motorcycles are fun and fuel efficient. But they’re also way more dangerous than a car.
According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, motorcyclists are 30 times more likely to die in a motorcycle crash than people in a car.
How to avoid this? The key to optimizing your odds is to be prepared and avoid risks.
Here are some more tips to help you stay safe while riding your bikes:
1. Don’t buy more bike than you can handle.
2. Invest in anti-lock brakes.
3. Hone your skills. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation offers riding courses that will teach the basic riding practices, as well as advanced techniques.
4. Use your head. Riders without a helmet are 40 percent more likely to suffer a fatal head injury in a crash.
5. Wear the right gear. Use leather or reinforced jacket, gloves, full pants and over-the-ankle footwear, even in summer. You also need to buy eye protection or a motorcycle rain suit during the rainy season.
6. Be defensive. You need to be extra alert.
7. Avoid bad weather. If you need to ride in the rain wear a one-piece motorcycle rain suit or two-piece rain suits.
8. Watch for road hazards. Bumps and potholes can pose serious danger when riding a bike.
9. Be ready to roll. Before you ride,check the chain, belt or shaft and the brakes. And inspect the tires for wear and make sure they’re set at the proper pressure.
Riding a motorcycle is fun and liberating yet it can be messy during wet season. It is important for bikers to be prepared in case they’ll be caught in the rain. It would be a personal achievement to be able to enjoy riding a bike despite bad conditions when other people have no choice but to stay huddled at home or tucked tightly behind the wheels of their cars.
One-piece motorcycle rain suits are helpful during rainy days. The material of the best motorcycle rain suit is flexible in the limbs’ joint areas, which can lessen the resistance of the suit in aggressive driving maneuvers. Suits like these are comfortable and flexible even new and will become a second skin to you in no time at all.
Things to remember in buying a one piece motorcycle rainsuit:
In choosing a color, do not forget that color is more than just a fashion statement. It has a lot to do with your safety. For rain suits, it is advisable to pick a high visibility color because rain or snow on the highway makes riders harder to see. Other drivers can easily distinguish you even from far away when you choose bright-colored vest or suit. Therefore, there’s a lesser chance of them running into you.
Motorcycle rain suit can give extra warmth aside from your layer of clothing so try to buy rain suit that’s got some extra thermal protection because snow and rain can make the temperature drop lower. Sometimes it is also necessary to consider how many pockets does the suit have. It can be handy when bringing things that wont fit in the bag. Putting things on the pockets of the suit made them very accessible when needed.
Another factor is its durability. Suits that are always exposed to moist should be made of durable materials to last a long time of usage. Of course, less expense in buying a new one.
During shopping for rain gear, there are two options: online and offline. With online purchase, you can compare the review of products and you can save your time. But going to local motorcycle shops can guarantee you the quality of materials and you can check its actual fitting before purchasing.
Riding a motorcycle during the rainy season or unpleasant weather can be uncomfortable. It is important to wear the best motorcycle rain gear to avoid highway accidents and to protect your health. Any rider would agree that having the best rain gear would improve their judgment and riding performance while on the road. Finding the right gear would involve several important tips that you need to remember.
Here is the best motorcycle rain gear that would provide the best protection from extreme weather conditions:
Motorcycle Helmets. Only fools will ride a motorcycle in the rain without a helmet. Helmets would give the rider protection and clear vision. It is the ultimate protection for your head during collision. There are different types, brands and design of helmets in the market. To be sure that you are making the right choice, buy only the state-approved helmets.
Motorcycle Jackets. When buying a motorcycle jacket for the rainy season, choose the one that is made of quality cow hide and textile. Ideal jackets are the types that will keep you dry during the rain, gives you more space to move and well ventilated. Flexibility and durability are two of the best qualities a great motorcycle rain jacket must have. The style and its comfort must also be considered.
Leather Motorcycle Pants. These pants should also have the qualities of the motorcycle jackets. The motorcycle rain pants would allow the wearer to move freely. It is flexible and will keep you dry despite the rain.
Motorcycle Riding Boots. Boots came in different styles and designs. Some people like to compliment their motorcycle boots with the style and colour of their helmets, jackets, and pants. You have chosen the right one if the footwear is breathable and at the same time protect and support your feet. To avoid any injuries, choose the one that fit in your size. Boots that comes from cow hide or Buffalo hide is essential to complete your best motorcycle rain gear list.
These are the list of the motorcycle rain gear you need to wear when riding in the rain. Nothing can provide the best protection as these gears can.
Now a days many people are motorcycle lovers for so many reasons. Some says they are more comfortable riding a bike than a car while some say’s riding motorcycle is an adventure, But in riding a motorcycle, you have to face some challenges, like riding uncomfortably during the rainy season. How can you protect yourself from the cold? How you can keep yourself warm despite of the rain? And most especially how can you protect yourself from getting wet because of the Rain.
Here is some of the latest motorcycle rain gear in the market:
1. Rev’IT Pacific H20 Rain Suit. – This motorcycle rain suit is easy to put on. You can put it on in just a few seconds, non stick, PVC-Free coating on the inside, nylon outer shell, waterproof, breathable, and waterproof.
2. Dainese Hogan-S Rainsuit.- This motorcycle rain suit has a front opening up to the knee, has thermal inner lining, and pockets on thigh.
3. Dainese Rain Overboots – This is a nylon fabric coated waterproof rain suit, had a rear zipper, and a fabric inserts for heat resistance.
4. Firstgear Sierra Day Glo Rain Pants– This motorcycle rain gear will keep your body dry even in the worst downpour because it is waterproof and have cargo pockets in the thigh.
5. Fieldsheer Thunder One-Piece Rain Suit – This rain suit is 100% Waterproof, has polyurethane coated polyester shell. An aqua-barrier under the helmet hood helps eliminate seepage in the collar.
6. River Road Rainstorm 2-Piece Yellow Rain Suit – This motorcycle rain suit has a dual storm flap, has a removable hood, a lower leg opening with snaps.
7. Frogg Toggs Tekk Toad Rain Jacket – This rain gear has a tuck away hood design with drip-free collar adjustment, adjustable waistband with draw cord to lock, and full cut for active use and to be worn over insulated clothing.
8. Scorpion Exo-Barrier Rain Pants -This rain suit has reflective trim for increased visibility, the thigh length zipper makes pants easy on and off, and a built-in lightweight mesh Lining.
9. Tour Master Elite II Rain Pants. – This rain pants has a high density nylon seat panel that provides added strength and minimize slipping. An extra long zippered and gusseted leg cuff with velcro closure allows for ease of dressing
10. Cortech Road Race Rainsuit Jacket and Pants. The jacket and pants are sold separately, stretch panels through the arms, back shoulder and sides ensures a snug fit at speed while not limiting flexibility. The elastic sleeve cuff ensures a snug fit on any size suit sleeve.
If you are looking for a motorcycle rain gear you can use for the rainy season, then you might consider one of these gears. There are a lot of these kinds of gears in the market today. You can find them on your local store, apparel shop or in the internet.
Be prepared. If you are a motorcycle rider who wants to travel all the time, be prepared for the possibility of rain. Despite a good weather in the morning, you can’t really be sure what will happen in the next hour. Weather is so unpredictable. That is why motorcycle rain gear is one of the most important things that motorcycle riders should bring if they want to travel.
Bring your motorcycle rain gear at all times. A heavy downfall should not hinder your plans for the day. Remember that if you want to stay safe while riding or driving your motorcycle, you need to wear proper rain gear. Most riders store their rain gears in the compartment of their motorcycle to easily access it when the rain started to fall.
The most common motorcycle rain gears are:
Motorcycle Helmet – protects your head from the impact of hitting a hard surface after you fall
Gloves – keep your fingers dry and warm and prevent it from freezing
Goggles – protects your eyes from rain, wind and small particles that may irritate it
Jackets – keep the upper part of your body warm and dry
Motorcycle rain pants – keep the lower part of your body dry and warm
Waterproof Boots and Socks – protects your feet and toes from the rain, heat from the engine and impact of hitting a hard surface when gaining balance
There are different companies now that supply motorcycle gears and equipment. There is a wide range of these products to choose from and they came in different sizes, color, style and price. However, make sure that you buy the right product to protect your body from the rain and possible collision against another vehicle.
This only mean that you need to know more about the characteristics of the product you’re going to purchase. See if the product was made from high quality material, durable and weatherproof. If you have a clear picture of the gear you want to buy, it’s easy to find it. If possible, get the best motorcycle rain gear for yourself.
Make sure that you have all kind of gears from head to foot like; gloves, helmets, goggles, jackets and pants, boots, socks, and more. Once you find the best motorcycle rain gear, you will feel safe and comfortable. This is an advantage against other motorists who are dripping wet, freezing and uncomfortable. Do not regret spending your money over these gears. Remember that riding a motorcycle is dangerous. Your body is exposed to all kinds of weather and getting exposed to rain and other elements for a long period of time will put your life and health in great risk.
Tips on How to Buy the Best Motorcycle Rain Suits for Women
As a female motorcycle rider who will be riding to all kinds of weather condition, you need to have a decent motorcycle rain gear. However, there are so many things you need to consider when buying the best motorcycle rain suits for women. Since it is going to be your only source of protection during the rainy season, it must be made from good quality material and can stand the inclement weather.
In order to find the best rain suit, make sure that you have a clear picture what you really want such as the material which it’s made from, the style, color and cost. Here are some tips you must consider before buying a rain suit.
Look for the gear that suits you- your taste, style, comfort and safety. There are so many kinds of rain suits in the market but choose the one which you are comfortable with and fit perfectly to your body.
Make sure that all the features you are looking for are present such as the number of pockets and zipper.
Always ask the sales agent to let you fit the suit before buying it.
Thoroughly check the suit before buying it. Look for unfinished portions, scratches and zippers that don’t work properly.
The following are also important when looking for motorcycle rain suits for women:
Materials—it is important to know what kind of materials the manufacturer used in making the suits. Rain gears should be made from high quality materials, waterproof and durable. Through this you will distinguish whether the amount you’re going to spend is reasonable.
Fitness—make sure that the suit you’re going to use is not too tight or too lose. Once you’re uncomfortable with the suit, you’re going to be miserable throughout the ride. Make sure that the suit has an allowance so that you can wear a layer of clothing inside.
Pockets—one of the factors that you should look forward before buying your gear is the number of pockets. A rain suit with lots of pockets it is very useful. When you are driving, you don’t want to waste time by stopping in order get things inside your bag. The pockets in your motorcycle rain suit will make it easy to access the things you want.
Visibility—it is important to buy bright-colored motorcycle rain suit. Riding in the rain makes it difficult to be seen by other riders in the road.
Adjustable—make sure that your rain suit is adjustable. This will allow you to adjust the tightness of the suit around your body.
Construction—it is very important that you check all the side of the suit before buying it. In these you will see if they sew it perfectly, the lining are good, and is finished perfectly.
Make sure that you follow the things suggested to you; these will help a lot in buying the best motorcycle rain gear.
One of the most important items motorcycle riders must consider when out riding is the gear they’ll use when get caught in rainy weather. Motorcycles, unlike cars have no roof to protect you during a downpour. That’s one of the downside of motorcycling. However, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a ride during the rainy season. Someone said:” A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.” You’re not a true rider if you haven’t ridden in the rain.
Most riders are thrilled to be riding in inclement weather. However, do not forget to be safe first. If you want to ride in the rain then bring your best motorcycle rain suit. What is a motorcycle rain suit and where can you get it? These are two issues involved when dealing with motorcycle rain gear.
There are so many motorcycle rain gear and rain suits in the motorcycle industry. It’s common to hear suppliers bragging about their products and claiming to be the best motorcycle rain suit ever! With a wide range of this product to choose from, choosing the best gear is confusing. The competition is very tight and each product has their specialized publications, and product reviews that point to the best and the most effective rain suit. But if truth be told, the best motorcycle rain suit is the one that suits you and the one you like the best.
The best rain gear depends upon the style and material the suit was made from. Motorcycle rain suits must be made from quality materials such as Gore-Tex, leather or synthetic. This gear must be waterproof, has the features you want and at the same time provides total protection. Aside from that, it must give you comfort and extra warmth. Riding in the rain means dealing with cold wind and rain. Aside from wearing layers of clothing, wear a motorcycle rain suit that offer thermal protection.
The best motorcycle rain suit also has the features you want like the number of pockets it has and how it fits to your body. Also consider the durability of the gear. You should not spend your hard-earned money in buying poor quality gears. Next is to choose between a one-piece ortwo-piece rain suits. Think of the advantages and disadvantages of having a one piece or two piece rain suits. The last thing you need to be bothered with is the color because fashion is not important. What is important is to choose a high visibility color. Bright colored clothes are very important when riding in the rainbecause the visibility is low.
Once you have the clear picture of the best motorcycle rain suit that you want, then it’s time to shop.
Many riders don’t want to go riding during rainy seasons or just fear riding in the rain in general. Being wet is not the best idea for some riders. But what if you just have places you want to go?
Some of us consider getting wet a fun and exciting experience.
For some, it seems like no amount of rain can stop them. Rain is not a barrier for them to go out. Do you want to be just like them?
What should you consider when planning to ride a motorcycle in the rain. First, since the roads are wet, it can be more dangerous or more tricky to ride. It’s hard to control your bike on a slippery and wet road. Second, there is a threat to your health. How much rain and cold can you take before you totally get sick? If you don’t have a healthy and fit body, being exposed to the elements might turn out bad for you.
So what can you do if you want to be an active (or at least unafraid) motorcyclist in the rain?
Listed below are some tips that can help you ride safely in the rain.
Tips that will help you became more prepared in riding your bike on the rain:
Dress Properly. During a rainy day, wear a waterproof suit. Amotorcycle rain suit can keep you dry, warm and comfortable all the time. A waterproof rain suit is one of the most important pieces of gear and you shouldn’t take if for granted. If possible, do not leave the house without bringing your motorcycle rain suit. Remember that you will never know when and where you will get caught by the rain.
Wear glasses or goggles. It will be hard to see clearly during a rainy day therefore choose an eye wear that will protect your eyes against the wind, rain and insects but at the same time will help you see the road clearly.
Check your motorcycle. Do not leave the house without inspecting your bike. Check of the brakes are functioning well, check your head and tail lights, your tires and see if all controls are functioning.
Always make yourself more visible to others. As rain pour down the road became dark as the fog comes out. It is important that you have warning lights and brighter suits order to become visible to every driver on the road.
Watch your speed and your distance. Ride slowly. You need to control your speed during a rainy day because the road is slippery and your tires have less traction on the surface of the road.
Watch all the corners. If you plan to turn in the corner stay alert. In this you can see if there is another vehicle crossing and you don’t want to crash on them.
Always remember that rainy season is one of the dangerous seasons to ride a motorcycle. But it is not a barrier for you to enjoy a good ride. Just be prepared always and keep yourself protected.
Riders need to be comfortable on their bikes particularly on long journeys. Nobody expects you to endure getting soaked and cold to bones once you still have miles to go on a rainy day. Throughout the raining season, it’s best for riders to own the proper gear to keep them heat and dry. There aremotorcycle riding gear that will stop the cold and keep you dry when riding in the rain. You need to bring proper riding gear on your saddlebags.
There are different types of riding gear for rainy season. If you’re looking for a reliable rain gear, the following tips will sure enough help:
1. Obtain motorbike rain gear that suits your budget. Motorcycle rain gear is available in different sizes, colors, brands, materials and value. You can obtain low cost gear however you can’t make certain of its quality and for how long it can last. Choose you gear wisely. Stick to your budget but make sure you choose good quality products.
2. Be specific. Make certain of what you would like. Before you visit the closest store, make certain you have gear in mind. Decide which to buy, a one piece motorcycle rain suit or a two piece suit? If you already know what to buy, you don’t have to waste time browsing aimlessly.
3. Get the proper size. Finding the proper motorcycle rain gear is less complicated if you recognize the dimensions that you simply need. Choose amotorcycle rain suit that fits your body but doesn’t limit your movement. The legs of your pants ought to be large enough to permit you to wear it even along with your boots on. Your jackets should not permit rain or wetness seep through your garments and high collars in order that it will reach the base of your helmet.
4. Choose motorcycle rain gear that has enough reflective materials. You need to be visible even throughout gloomy or rainy conditions. Bright colored suits and gear will keep you safe whenriding in the rain.
5. Opt for motorcycle rain gear that gives the best protection from the rain and the cold. Some rain suits claimed to be waterproof but actually some are not. Check if the motorbike rain gear you‘re about to purchase was made up of Gore-Tex material or not.
The guidelines to find the proper motorcycle rain gear revolve around safety, comfort and protection.